We’re back with more amazing destination wedding ideas from Engage!17: Nizuc in Cancun, Mexico. If you’re hosting a destination wedding in Mexico (or anywhere really), we’ve got some incredible new ideas to dazzle your guests and celebrate in style! The talented team of international event professionals that came together to make this week happen shared with us the best of the best available to couples and we’re bringing a few of those fabulous ideas to you!
1. To start, I’m absolutely obsessed with this mini metallic pinatas that were filled with party favors for us after a fiesta. Such a fun idea! The pinatas were heart shaped, fitting for a wedding, but you could opt for a more personal theme and shape too. Fill them with small hangover essentials, local candies, or anything that your guests might enjoy (even a cocktail kit) and the kid in each of them will be delighted to get this party favor, just like I was!
2. You’ve heard us say time and time again that we love it when couples infuse the destination into their big day and that was no different at Engage. As guests arrived to the posh property, Nizuc Resort & Spa, we were greeted with a mezcal tasting to try some of the local flavors of the region and kick off the week with a celebratory cocktail (while learning about it too, of course). When a wedding weekend starts like this, you know you’re in for a good time ahead.
3. Engage also brought out the personal details throughout the parties – in the form of custom decals! From staircase logos to decals on the restroom mirrors, every opportunity to share their message was used in a fun, playful and surprising way with something as simple and affordable as a temporary decal. Try it!
4. The entertainment at Engage is also something spectacular to see. If you’re having a pool party for your welcome party or post-wedding brunch, consider dancers like these and synchronized swimmers. For those of us that were simply enjoying the sun and not the swim, it was so fun to have a show to watch throughout. Plus these incredible dancers (from Elan Artists) certainly encouraged guests to get into the pool and make a splash at this party!
5. I love it when guests are asked to dress in theme, though sometimes for the actual wedding that can be a bit much. This particular party was not a wedding, but a Dia de los Muertos themed pre-party where guests dressed the part, but so did the entertainment. Consider dressing entertainers as over-the-top guests and everyone will have something to talk about!
6. When hosting a beach wedding party what’s better than a form of entertainment you can really only enjoy outdoors!? At this fete, Elan Artists incorporated fire dancers from afar so we were safe from the heat but close to the action on the sand. This is a great way to entertain your guests during dinner or lead them to a post-wedding bonfire!
Designing a destination wedding can be a lot of fun, and with these extra ideas included, your wedding is sure to be the talk of your travelers for plenty of time to come!
Photography: Gigi de Manio, John Cain Sargent, Paul Morse Photography, Phillip Van Nostrand, Laura Dee | Host: Engage Summits | Location: NIZUC Resort & Spa | Event Branding, Overall Design Creative Inspiration + Gifting Gifts for the Good Life | Decor design + Production Canteiro Weddings | Entertainment, Artistic Direction, Multi-Media + Stage Design: Élan Artists | Lighting, Technical Production + Sound JSAV Mexico | Graphic Designer + Show Director Trisha Hay | Attendee Guide, Name Tags, Agendas + Menus: Two Paperdolls | Custom Linen Nuage Designs, Inc. | Transportation Maritur DMC | Official Event App Appy Couple | Travel Assistance The Travel Siblings | Video: Cloudless Weddings